Friday, February 9, 2018

Attempt at Making Soup....

It's a simple task.  Boil water, and pour the packet of Lipton Noodle Soup with real chicken broth into the boiling water.  Wait five minutes, then pour it into a bowl, and eat it.

This is what happened 20 minutes ago.  My soup was ready, and I poured into one of my favorite bowls....a red ceramic one.  I then placed it on a tray, and as I was ready to exit the kitchen, I balanced the tray against my chest, and attempted to shut off the kitchen light.

What happened next?  The tray, along with the piping hot bowl of soup, slipped out of my grip and crashed on to the floor.  The ceramic bowl broke into pieces (15 or so), and the noodles spread out all over the floor and on the wall.  The worst of it....some of the hot soup fell on my abdomen, right side and on my right wrist.  They both turned red and stung from the heat.

The first thing I did was change my clothes.  I put some cream on the abdomen and the wrist.  The skin looks a bit bumpy :(  Next, I picked up the shards from the bowl, threw it into a plastic bag.  Then I took a sponge, and gathered all the noodles in one big pile on the kitchen floor, and using my hands, grabbed as many as I could, and threw those in the garbage as well.  Then I wet the sponge, and mopped the floor.  PS = wet noodles do not feel good to the touch.

With my dinner in the garbage, I have now decided to eat some toast with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment