Thursday, February 22, 2018

A Poem: Messed Up Food Orders

The food preparer put meat in my sandwich this week twice,
It didn't look very nice,
Because I'm a bit picky with my food,
I know people make mistakes,
And was therefore very calm and not at all rude,
When I returned the meal,
And asked for another one,
The correct one for real.

I don't know if the food preparer thought I needed more protein,
But right now, I prefer my food veggie and bland.
The wrong sandwiches had to be thrown in the garbage bin,
I feel bad for that, for wasting food is a sin.

However, the error was not mine,
All I wanted was the correct sandwich to dine.
Due to the error, the food preparer threw in my bag a little freebie,
Which I was happy to see,
Was healthy and simple,
And cause me to smile with a dimple.

Here's to hoping for no more messed up food orders to go,
For it's really tiring to delay the meal time flow.
However, I'm taking all this in stride,
And just going along with this tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment