Sunday, February 25, 2018

Duck Sightings


Stretching wings
Earlier today, I took a walk by the river to get the blood properly flowing in my veins.  The pavement was still wet from the rain that had fallen last night, and the air was cold, damp, and fresh.  I love this type of weather.  It makes me very happy and rejuvenated.  I wish it could be like this year-round.  I inhaled deeply to awaken my sleepy self, and capture this amazing air in my lungs.

As I made my way down the path, accompanied for a few seconds on and off by a passing jogger, I came across ducks hanging out near the edge of the water.  They looked like they were enjoying themselves, taking in the view from the land, and occasionally gazing into the river to watch their fellow brothers & sisters swimming.

Taking a little break from swimming

I thought it would be fun to write a mini-poem from their point of view.  So here goes:


Ducks Deserve A Break
It's nice to have our webbed feet on land at last,
Because swimming non-stop and fast,
Makes for feeling fatigue,
And puts us in a league,
Of a burnt-out athlete,
Who's already gone through the Olympic feat,
Of winning Gold medals many,
And is now ready to retire with more than a penny.
So, here's for taking a break, with no dogs in sight to chase us into the river,
And make our feathers quiver.


No comments:

Post a Comment