Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cooking (1): Veggie Fritters + Stir Fry

Greetings! After a bit of an absence from my blog (2 mts, 2 days), I am back :) So, first things first, a very Happy New Year for the start of a new decade....2011 :)

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to spend more time in the kitchen. This means not heating a frozen dish or choosing one of the take out menus. No, this means actually cooking. So, I will be keeping a tally of how many times I actually cooked something that takes more than 20-30 minutes.

Today, I made some vegetable fritters. These were made from chickpea flour, sliced potatoes, chopped onions and coriander leaves. I added some water to the mix to make a thick batter; I then fried the batter in sunflower oil. The nice thing about vegetable fritters is that they can be eaten alone, or in a sauce or between a sandwich.

I decided to use some of the fritters to make a stir fry. The stir fry was comprised of the following: a quarter of an onion, one tomato, two tangerines (seeds removed beforehand), and about a table spoon of soya sauce. Last, I added chopped spinach, and then added the fritters (used four of them). Before turning off the stove, I took a small slice of lime and squeezed it on the fritters. Now I plan on eating it with some pasta (the swirly ones....called Rotini).

Below are some pictures for your enjoyment.
-> Here's the 1st batch of fritters or what's left of it.
-> Here's the 2nd batch of fritters, ready to be taken off the stove.
-> The Stir fry (the veggie fritters have been added; can you see them?).

No comments:

Post a Comment